Updated- Worcester Sheriff's Office: Woman Mixed Cleaners, Died - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Updated- Worcester Sheriff's Office: Woman Mixed Cleaners, Died

Posted: Updated:

BERLIN, Md.- The Worcester County Sheriff's Office has identified a 75-year-old woman who died after cleaning her home in Berlin over the weekend.

Deputies said that at around 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Anna Harbeson was cleaning her bathroom at her home at the Lake Haven Trailer Park on Grays Corner Road when she mixed bleach, and "The Works" brand of bathroom cleaner together, resulting in the creation of toxic vapors.

Harbeson then became sick and had trouble breathing, deputies said. They said her husband began CPR on her and called EMS. She was taken to Atlantic General Hospital in Berlin where she was pronounced dead.

Investigators contacted the Poison Control Center and learned that mixing bleach and "The Works" creates chlorine gas, which can be very toxic and dangerous to lung and lung tissue.

Both products were found to have instructions on the back advising consumers to never mix the agents with one another, deputies said. They also advise the public to always work in a well-ventilated area.


Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices