Man Hurt in Ballpark Fight Sues Alleged Attackers - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Man Hurt in Ballpark Fight Sues Alleged Attackers

Posted: Updated:
Matthew Fortese Matthew Fortese

BALTIMORE (AP/WBOC)- A man who sustained a head injury in a fight during a ball game at Camden Yards is suing his alleged assailants for $5 million.

Matthew Fortese, of Hagerstown, filed the suit last week in Baltimore City Circuit Court.

On May 29, 2013, police say Fortese was punched in the head and fell off a 5-foot wall onto a concrete walkway while attending a Baltimore Orioles game against the Washington Nationals. He was taken to Shock Trauma in critical condition.

The lawsuit says 22-year-old Michael Bell, of Annapolis, and 23-year-old Gregory Fleischman, of Jarrettsville, were taunting, harassing and throwing things at Fortese and his date. According to police, Fortese was wearing a New York Yankees baseball cap. The Orioles and Yankees are American League East Division rivals.

Bell and Fleischman are charged with assault. Fleischman's lawyer Jeremy Eldridge says neither he nor his client has been served with the civil suit.

  • Most Popular VideosMost Popular VideosMore>>

  • Mobile Features and Text Alerts

    Mobile Features and Text Alerts

  • NRP Cracking Down on Crabbers

    NRP Cracking Down on Crabbers

    It has been known to happen in the past. Sometimes people catch crabs under the state's size limit and keep them. Now, the natural resources police is stepping up enforcement to make sure that if you break the law, you're going to pay for it.

    More

    It has been known to happen in the past. Sometimes people catch crabs under the state's size limit and keep them. Now, the natural resources police is stepping up enforcement to make sure that if you break the law, you're going to pay for it.

    More
  • Trimper's Rides Being Sued

    Trimper's Rides Being Sued

     The Ocean City amusement park is being sued after an accident on a ride left a two year old boy with a traumatic brain injury two years ago.

    More

     The Ocean City amusement park is being sued after an accident on a ride left a two year old boy with a traumatic brain injury two years ago.

    More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service