Salisbury House Fire Displaces Occupants - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Salisbury House Fire Displaces Occupants

Posted: Updated:


SALISBURY, Md. - The occupants of an apartment in Salisbury have been displaced following a fire in their home Monday evening.

It took 12 firefighters 10 minutes to fight the blaze at 405 Keene Avenue after the occupant of Apartment B discovered it.

According to the office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal, the power cord of a window conditioning unit caused the fire. Smoke detectors in the two-story duplex were present but not operating, investigators said.

The building sustained approximately $2,000 in damage with an additional $300 worth of damage to its contents, fire officials said.

The American Red Cross is assisting the tenants of the apartment.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices