Md. Fire Marshal Warning Residents of Candle, Generator Use - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Md. Fire Marshal Warning Residents of Candle, Generator Use

Posted:
Maryland Fire Marshal Brian Geraci is warning residents of candle and generator use during power outages. Maryland Fire Marshal Brian Geraci is warning residents of candle and generator use during power outages.

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – The Maryland fire marshal is warning residents to use caution when using candles and generators during power outages.

Officials say that citizens should use battery-operated flashlights or solar-powered outdoor lighting during a power outage instead of lit candles, but candles should stay away from combustible objects, children and pets if used.

If using a generator, ensure that the device isn’t inside or near the home, where carbon monoxide can enter, officials say. Keep extra batteries in the house for flashlights and check all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.

For more information on fire safety, call 1-800-525-3124.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service