DOVER, Del. – Dover police are welcoming the public to come out and meet officers and other emergency responders.
The department said for National Night Out, police and other emergency agencies, as well as military personnel, will go to the Target parking lot on Tuesday, Aug. 5 from 6-8 p.m.
People can go to Target’s parking lot with their families to meet local responders and see the equipment they use on the job.
Police said there will be food and drinks available while supplies last. Kids can try on gear that officers wear, sit on a police motorcycle, put out a fire with the Dover Fire Department, and much more.
A list of activities is below.
· FREE Bounce House/Slide and Basketball game Courtesy of BK Rentals
· FREE Rock Climbing Wall Courtesy of Vertical High
· Eagle 97.7 LIVE Broadcast
· McGruff the Crime Dog
· Free Refreshments (While Supplies Last)
· Delaware State Police Helicopter (Weather/Schedule Permitting)
· Dover Police Department Vehicles (Dodge Charger/Chevy Tahoe)
· Dover Police Department Crime Scene Investigations Truck
· Dover Police Department Motorcycle Unit
· Dover Police Department Crisis Negotiation Truck
· Dover Police Department Bearcat (Armored Truck)
· FREE Child ID Kits
· Dover Police Department K9 Officer Barrett and K9 Britt Bite Demonstration
· Dover Air Force Base Security Forces Vehicles and Display
· Dover Air Force Base Fire Department Vehicles and Display
· City of Dover Fire Department Vehicles and Fire Activity for Children
Tuesday, July 22 2014 11:33 PM EDT2014-07-23 03:33:21 GMT
Fire has destroyed the historical St. Paul's Episcopal Church located on westbound Route 50 in Hebron.More
Authorities are investigating a Tuesday fire that destroyed the historical St. Paul's Episcopal Church at the corner of Memory Gardens Lane and Route 50 in Hebron, Md. Preliminary damage is estimated at approximately $500,000.More
America's coolest small town is not the quietest. An alarm malfunction earlier this month left the town's fire sirens ringing for an extended period of time.That incident got residents fired up and now they want to remove the sirens that have been a fixture in Berlin for many years.?More