Ocean City Pole Dancer Speaks Out - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Ocean City Pole Dancer Speaks Out

Posted:
OCEAN CITY, Md.- The self proclaimed boardwalk Pole Doll, 27 year old Chelsea Plymeal has been getting a lot of negative attention for her boardwalk performances.

When Plymale moved to Ocean City this summer she began looking for a summer job, that's when she decided to become a street performer.
In Washington, DC she has worked as an exotic dancer since she was 18.

Plymeal said she never expected to receive such negative feedback for doing something she loves.

"I mean I knew people were going to be shocked, but I didn't know I was going to be pushed into the spotlight like this," Plymale said.

Many are worried the Ocean City boardwalk is becoming less family friendly, because of things like this

Plymale said if people don't want to see her pole dancing then they don't have to watch.

"They can keep walking they don't have to let their children watch me perform even know I'm completely tasteful I don't really dance around too much. I just do pole tricks," Plymale said.

Plymale said she knows she's well within her rights so she just ignores all of the negative comments.

"I can't let that effect me in any way. I don't feed into it. When people mumble things under their breath as they walk by me dancing, performing I don't say anything back to them. I think it's sad to be insecure and close minded and that's no way to live your life," Plymale said.

Ocean Gallery's Joe Kro-Art has had a front row seat to her performances from his shop, and he isn't happy about it. He want's to see something done, and done soon.

“You know what it's time to do something. We know what the rules are, we know what the courts said, but in our country when something is wrong it's up to people to get together, and work it out and make it right. The First Amendment is about everyone's freedom and a lot of people's freedoms are being violated here,” Kro-Art said.

Boardwalk street performers are protected by their First Amendment rights in Ocean City, and are not regulated by the town.

Former NFL Cheerleader Completes Weekend Del. Prison Stays

09/21/2017 04:07:00 -04:002017-09-21 08:07:00 GMT
    Thursday, September 21 2017 4:10 AM EDT2017-09-21 08:10:21 GMT
    A former Baltimore Ravens cheerleader who pleaded guilty to raping a 15-year-old boy at a vacation rental home in Delaware no longer has to report every other weekend to a Delaware prison facility.More

Dover Police Arrest Three for Possession of Drugs & Firearms

09/20/2017 13:22:00 -04:002017-09-20 17:22:00 GMT
    Wednesday, September 20 2017 2:26 PM EDT2017-09-20 18:26:10 GMT
    DOVER, Del. - The Dover Police Department have arrested three people on drug and firearms charges during a traffic stop.Officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of S. Saulsbury Road and West North Street after the vehicle was seen leavingMore

39 Arrests in Smyrna Street Drug Operation

09/20/2017 04:11:00 -04:002017-09-20 08:11:00 GMT
    Wednesday, September 20 2017 10:51 AM EDT2017-09-20 14:51:57 GMT

A major investigation into a street drug operation in Smyrna leads to the arrest of 39 people, authorities said.

A major investigation into a street drug operation in Smyrna, Del. has led to the arrest of 39 people, authorities said.