Fire Officials: Adaptor Malfunction, Hoarding Contributed to Fir - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Officials: Adaptor Malfunction, Hoarding Contributed to Fire

Posted:
SALISBURY, Md. – The Maryland State Fire Marshal said a wooden building fire Thursday afternoon amounted to $110,000 in damages.

The fire happened at a two story multiple occupancy building on 220 N. Division Street around noon.

Fire officials said it was an accidental malfunction of a multi-plug adaptor in the living room of a second floor apartment that caused the fire.

Bryan Records of the Salisbury Fire Department said hoarding contributed to the extent of the fire.

Officials said it took 40 firefighters about one hour to put out the flames.

The fire was initially discovered by a neighbor.

Fire units on scene included Salisbury, Delmar, Hebron, Fruitland and Parsonsburg.


Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service