Video Appears to Show Ray Rice Striking Fiancee - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Video Appears to Show Ray Rice Striking Fiancee

(Photo: AP) (Photo: AP)

BALTIMORE (AP)- The NFL says the league never saw until Monday a video that appears to show Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice striking his then-fiancee in February.

The grainy video, released by TMZ Sports, apparently shows Rice and Janay Palmer in an elevator at an Atlantic City casino. Each hits the other before Rice knocks Palmer off her feet and into a railing.

An earlier TMZ video showed Rice dragging Palmer, now his wife, from the elevator at the Revel casino, which closed Sept. 2.

The NFL suspended Rice for two games in July for domestic violence.

"We requested from law enforcement any and all information about the incident, including the video from inside the elevator," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. "That video was not made available to us and no one in our office has seen it until today."

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell indicated as much on Aug. 1 when during the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend.

"When we're going through the process of evaluating the issue and whether there will be discipline, you look at all of the facts that you have available to us," Goodell said. "Law enforcement normally has more ... information, facts, than we have. We'll get as much as we possibly can."

The Ravens, like the NFL, said they had not seen the video until Monday. Senior vice president Kevin Byrne said the team had no comment.

Rice's lawyer, Michael Diamondstein, would not comment to The Associated Press.

The 27-year-old Rice was charged with felony aggravated assault in the case, but in May he was accepted into a pretrial intervention program that allowed him to avoid jail time and could lead to the charge being purged from his record.

Goodell drew criticism not being tough enough on Rice. In a letter to all 32 NFL owners in August, he wrote, "My disciplinary decision led the public to question our sincerity, our commitment, and whether we understood the toll that domestic violence inflicts on so many families. I take responsibility both for the decision and for ensuring that our actions in the future properly reflect our values."

"I didn't get it right," he added. "Simply put, we have to do better. And we will."

First-time offenders now face a six-game suspension.

Rice began his suspension Sunday, when the Ravens opened their season with a 23-16 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. He will also miss Thursday night's game against Pittsburgh. According to the terms of his suspension, Rice can't be with the team and must work out alone.

Rice hasn't spoken often to the media since his arrest, but on July 31 called his actions "inexcusable" and said this is "something I have to live with the rest of my life."

He added: "I know that's not who I am as a man. That's not who my mom raised me to be. If anybody knows me, they know I was raised by a single parent, and that was my mother. I let her down, I let my wife down, I let my daughter down. I let my wife's parents down. I let the whole Baltimore community down. I let my teammates down. I let so many people down because of 30 seconds of my life that I know I can't take back."

Fatal Crash on Coastal Highway in Dewey Beach

10/21/2017 21:09:00 -04:002017-10-22 01:09:00 GMT
    Sunday, October 22 2017 9:26 PM EDT2017-10-23 01:26:07 GMT
    Dewey Beach, DE- The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is working with the Dewey Beach Police Department with an investigation of a fatal motor vehicle crash on Coastal Highway in the area of Salisbury and New Orleans St.Traffic inMore
    Delaware State Police say the investigation is still ongoing following a fatal accident Saturday afternoon in Dewey Beach that killed two men from Washington, D.C.More

Three Victims Sent to Hospital After Shooting at Royals Farms in Salisbury

10/22/2017 15:05:00 -04:002017-10-22 19:05:00 GMT
    Sunday, October 22 2017 3:05 PM EDT2017-10-22 19:05:35 GMT
    (Image: MGN)(Image: MGN)
    At 2:34 am Sunday morning deputies were called to the Royal Farms Store, at 7900 Royalty Way, in Salisbury in response to a shooting.When deputies arrived, they learned that a physical altercation took place that led to one person producing a hMore

Shooting in Salisbury Leaves Man in Critical Condition

10/22/2017 07:46:00 -04:002017-10-22 11:46:00 GMT
    Sunday, October 22 2017 2:43 PM EDT2017-10-22 18:43:34 GMT
    Salisbury Police are investigating a shooting that took place early Saturday morning that sent one man to the hospital in critical condition.More
  • Most Popular VideosMost Popular VideosMore>>

Fatal Crash on Coastal Highway in Dewey Beach

The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is working with the Dewey Beach Police Department with an investigation of a fatal motor vehicle crash on Coastal Highway in the area of Salisbury and New Orleans St. Saturday night.

Update: Three Victims Sent to Hospital After Shooting at Royals Farms in Salisbury

At 2:34 am Sunday morning deputies were called to the Royal Farms Store, at 7900 Royalty Way, in Salisbury in response to a shooting. When deputies arrived, they learned that a physical altercation took place that led to one person producing a handgun and began firing. A female customer not involved in the altercation received minor injuries and was transported to PRMC. Police said a short time later two additional victims arrived at PRMC in their personal vehicle.

Police Arrest A Baltimore Man for Unsolved Murder of UMES Student

Maryland State Police arrested 25-year-old Davonta M. Braxton, of Baltimore, Md.

Officers say Braxton is charged in connection to the murder of 21-year-old Edmond St. Clair, who was a student at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES). Braxton has been a student at the university, but is not currently enrolled, according to school records.