Cambridge Rappers React to Concern Over Video - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Cambridge Rappers React to Concern Over Video

Posted:
 CAMBRIDGE, Md.- For the musicians and the videographer behind the "Turn Up" music video, the message isn't about guns, drugs, and violence.  For them it's a struggle to one day be successful artists, doing what so many before have done.

If the weapons and drugs don't grab you, the lyrics will.  But Shyheim White, one of the rappers in the video, says that people in Cambridge are overreacting to the music video. He says the goal for him is to make it big, whether it be by playing basketball, or making music.

"I'm just trying to make it, you feeling me?  You see in the basketball clips, I'm nice at basketball.  I'm good at basketball.  But that dream ain't working for me, I'm trying to make it rich a little bit faster.  Trust me, I learned my lesson because all of this is serious and under investigation but if the cops think they are going to stop me and my movement, it's not going to happen," said White.

White says the goal of the music video isn't so much to send a message, but to entertain. "We're just trying to make music.  All I'm doing is entertaining.  As you can see the views, it's just entertaining, that's all I want to do.  Be a movie actor, all of that.  I want to do all of that," said White.

As for the man behind the video itself, Lucas Saulsbury was brought in to edit the video originally, but wound up shooting a few extra scenes with the group.  He says the guns, drugs, and smoke are fake.  For him, it wasn't about a message, but diversifying his portfolio.

"Ultimately it's to share stories.  I want to travel.  Every video has a story behind it, whether it's a music video or a promotional video.  Every story has a concept and a vision behind it," said Saulsbury.

Saulsbury says he will continue to work on music videos, as well as weddings and documentaries to continue to tell all kinds of stories.

Saulsbury and the rappers say that their goal is to succeed and make a name for themselves, but it caught everyone off guard that the video got this kind negative attention from people in the city.

39 Arrests in Smyrna Street Drug Operation

09/20/2017 04:11:00 -04:002017-09-20 08:11:00 GMT
    Wednesday, September 20 2017 10:51 AM EDT2017-09-20 14:51:57 GMT

A major investigation into a street drug operation in Smyrna leads to the arrest of 39 people, authorities said.

A major investigation into a street drug operation in Smyrna, Del. has led to the arrest of 39 people, authorities said.

Dover Police Arrest Three for Possession of Drugs & Firearms

09/20/2017 13:22:00 -04:002017-09-20 17:22:00 GMT
    Wednesday, September 20 2017 2:26 PM EDT2017-09-20 18:26:10 GMT
    DOVER, Del. - The Dover Police Department have arrested three people on drug and firearms charges during a traffic stop.Officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of S. Saulsbury Road and West North Street after the vehicle was seen leavingMore

Woman Arrested In Newark Home Invasion

09/20/2017 22:25:00 -04:002017-09-21 02:25:00 GMT
    Wednesday, September 20 2017 10:36 PM EDT2017-09-21 02:36:24 GMT
    Courtesy of New Castle County PoliceCourtesy of New Castle County Police
    New Castle County Police have arrested 32-year-old Elizabeth Noone in connection to the home invasion that occurred in the community of Stones Throw Townhouses this morning.More