Fire Marshal: Milton House Fire Started in Dryer - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Marshal: Milton House Fire Started in Dryer

Posted:

MILTON, Del. – Fire officials say a fire that caused minor damage to a single-story home Sunday morning started in a clothes dryer.

The Lewes Volunteer Fire Department, along with crews from Milton and Rehoboth Beach, responded to a blaze in the 30000 block of Overbrook Drive, Overbrook Shores, just before 9 a.m. By 9:25 they the fire under control.

Firefighters say the fire caused $20,000 in damages, but no one was injured.

Investigators determined the fire began when lint inside a clothes dryer vent ignited. It is unknown if the residence was occupied at the time of the incident.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices