Utility Crew Drills into Gas Main, Causing Leak in Salisbury - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Utility Crew Drills into Gas Main, Causing Leak in Salisbury

Posted:
SALISBURY, Md.- A utility crew with Delmarva Power accidentally caused a gas leak Saturday in Salisbury.

According to the Salisbury Fire Department, the incident happened near the YMCA on South Shumaker Drive around 11 a.m. Saturday.

The fire department says Delmarva Power was replacing a utility pole when they accidentally drilled into a gas main causing the leak.

The fire department evacuated the YMCA as a precaution. The issue was resolved by 2 p.m.

 

 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices