Fire Consumes Chicken House in Wicomico County - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Consumes Chicken House in Wicomico County

Posted:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

BIVALVE, Md. – A fire started inside a chicken house in Wicomico County, leveling the building and leaving charred memorabilia behind early Saturday morning.

At around 3 a.m. near Texas Road and Oak Grove Church Road in Bivalve, MD, the fire was discovered by neighbors who had heard loud noises coming from outside.

David Lee Walker and his wife Tina called 911 as soon as they saw the flames. Walker said the West Side Fire Department arrived about five minutes after the emergency call was made.

“By the time they got here it was fully engulfed,” Walker said looking back at his neighbor's blackened property.

Firefighters gained control of the fire in 30 minutes after they arrived at the scene. The department said other fire companies in the area were called in for backup to help remove the sheet metal roofing that collapsed during the fire.

Next to the structure is a house left unscathed by the flames and was unoccupied at the time the fire broke out. The homeowners, who did not want to be named, arrived shortly after the fire department was alerted and watched helplessly as their possessions burned.

The chicken house was used primarily as a flea market, mechanic's garage and storage unit for the homeowners.

The West Side fire department did not report any injuries or loss of life.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices