Magnolia Fire Ruled Accidental - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Magnolia Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted:
MAGNOLIA, Del. - The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office has determined that a house fire in Magnolia was accidental.

The fire happened on the 1200 block of Buffalo Rd., just south of Magnolia.

The Magnolia Fire Company responded to the call and arrived to see heavy fire coming from the one story dwelling. Assistance was then requested from neighboring fire companies.

The Fire Marshal's Office says it took about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control.

Deputy State Fire Marshals responded to investigate the incident. They determined the fire originated in the living room and was caused by an unattended candle igniting nearby combustible materials.

The home was equipped with operating smoke detectors which alerted the single occupant to the fire. No injuries were reported and the damages are estimated at $25,000.

The Red Cross is assisting the victims.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices