Ring Lost 45 Years Ago in Vietnam Returns To The Owner With Help - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Ring Lost 45 Years Ago in Vietnam Returns To The Owner With Help of Federalsburg Man

Posted:
 FEDERALSBURG, Md.- What do you say to a man who has been keeping one of your prized possessions safe for 45 years?  The last time Mike Pliner of Illinois saw his class ring, he was on the other side of the globe, at Bien Hoa air base in Vietnam.

"When I went to work one day I took it off, put it in my pocket and then I went to the chow hall and I took something out of my pocket and it fell out and I really forgot about it and then I started wondering, where's my ring," said Pliner.

Pliner thought he would never see it again, but as luck would have it, Charlie Foster of Federalsburg spotted it when he went to the chow hall later.

"Was walking along and looked down on the ground to see something gold and picked it up. Seen it was somebody's class ring, so I stuck it in my pocket, brought it home with me," said Foster.

For 45 years, Foster took care of the ring, until one year ago, he found Pliner through his school's alumni website.  But Mike didn't want Charlie to just mail the ring, he wanted to meet the man who kept it safe for all these years.

"Charlie just hung onto it. He said, 'I'm gonna find this guy.' So, he's amazing," Pliner said.

"I'm glad I found the person; the owner finally got it back. I'm happy he survived the war," said Foster.

It's a story that never ceases to amaze.

"I haven't seen this ring for 45 years," said Pliner, "I lost it 45 years ago. And now it's on my finger. So I think it's pretty cool."

Police Investigating Pocomoke American Legion Shooting

Feb 18, 2018 3:03 PM2018-02-18 20:03:00 GMT
    Sunday, February 18 2018 3:03 PM EST2018-02-18 20:03:08 GMT
    Pocomoke Police are investigating a shooting that happened at the American Legion early Sunday morning.More
    Pocomoke Police are investigating a shooting that happened at the American Legion early Sunday morning. More

Delaware State Auditor Does Not Seek Re-election

Feb 17, 2018 11:41 PM2018-02-18 04:41:00 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 11:41 PM EST2018-02-18 04:41:58 GMT
    DOVER, De.- Delaware state auditor, Tom Wagner, has announced he will not seek re-election this year. Wagner was appointed to the position in 1989 and was elected to his seventh term in 2014. He’s one of two Republicans elected to statewide office. More

Maryland Statehouse Hopeful Says He'll Still Hold Gun Raffle

Feb 17, 2018 9:16 PM2018-02-18 02:16:00 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 9:16 PM EST2018-02-18 02:16:48 GMT
    A candidate for a Maryland House seat has pledged to hold a campaign fundraiser that includes raffling off an AR-15 assault rifle, the same type used in the Florida school shooting this week.More

Delaware State Auditor Does Not Seek Re-election

Feb 17, 2018 11:41 PM2018-02-18 04:41:00 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 11:41 PM EST2018-02-18 04:41:58 GMT

Traffic Stop Leads to Police Pursuit; Weapons and Drugs Seized

Feb 17, 2018 3:27 PM2018-02-17 20:27:00 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 3:32 PM EST2018-02-17 20:32:23 GMT
    Courtesy of the Georgetown Police Department Courtesy of the Georgetown Police Department
    The Georgetown Police Department said they arrested a Brooklyn, NY, man early Friday morning after he lead them on a pursuit and had various drugs and guns in his car.More
    The Georgetown Police Department said they arrested a Brooklyn, NY, man early Friday morning after he lead them on a pursuit and had various drugs and guns in his car. More

"Not My President Day" Rally in Ocean City

Feb 17, 2018 3:49 PM2018-02-17 20:49:00 GMT
    Saturday, February 17 2018 3:49 PM EST2018-02-17 20:49:57 GMT
    A local organization in Worcester County, took their voices to the streets as they rallied against President Trump.More
    A local organization in Worcester County, took their voices to the streets as they rallied against President Trump. More