Ring Lost 45 Years Ago in Vietnam Returns To The Owner With Help - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Ring Lost 45 Years Ago in Vietnam Returns To The Owner With Help of Federalsburg Man

Posted:
 FEDERALSBURG, Md.- What do you say to a man who has been keeping one of your prized possessions safe for 45 years?  The last time Mike Pliner of Illinois saw his class ring, he was on the other side of the globe, at Bien Hoa air base in Vietnam.

"When I went to work one day I took it off, put it in my pocket and then I went to the chow hall and I took something out of my pocket and it fell out and I really forgot about it and then I started wondering, where's my ring," said Pliner.

Pliner thought he would never see it again, but as luck would have it, Charlie Foster of Federalsburg spotted it when he went to the chow hall later.

"Was walking along and looked down on the ground to see something gold and picked it up. Seen it was somebody's class ring, so I stuck it in my pocket, brought it home with me," said Foster.

For 45 years, Foster took care of the ring, until one year ago, he found Pliner through his school's alumni website.  But Mike didn't want Charlie to just mail the ring, he wanted to meet the man who kept it safe for all these years.

"Charlie just hung onto it. He said, 'I'm gonna find this guy.' So, he's amazing," Pliner said.

"I'm glad I found the person; the owner finally got it back. I'm happy he survived the war," said Foster.

It's a story that never ceases to amaze.

"I haven't seen this ring for 45 years," said Pliner, "I lost it 45 years ago. And now it's on my finger. So I think it's pretty cool."

2 Arrested in Thefts From Cars Dating Back to April

Tuesday, May 23 2017 2:42 PM EDT2017-05-23 18:42:00 GMT
    Tuesday, May 23 2017 3:00 PM EDT2017-05-23 19:00:04 GMT
    The car break-ins, which took place across many cities, date back to April 2017The car break-ins, which took place across many cities, date back to April 2017

Officers from the Easton Police Department have arrested and charged two people who have been connected to the break-ins of unlocked cars in thirteen different cities, dating back to April 2017.

Del. Fire School Receives Grants to Purchase Training Equipment

Tuesday, May 23 2017 1:47 PM EDT2017-05-23 17:47:36 GMT
    Tuesday, May 23 2017 1:47 PM EDT2017-05-23 17:47:36 GMT

The Delaware State Fire School has received a nearly $440,000 federal grant to add equipment for training exercises.

• Price Comparison: Where to Buy Crabs Over Memorial Day Weekend

Tuesday, May 23 2017 10:30 AM EDT2017-05-23 14:30:07 GMT
    Tuesday, May 23 2017 1:29 PM EDT2017-05-23 17:29:33 GMT

For many people on Delmarva, a favorite way to spend the Memorial Day holiday weekend is by enjoying blue crabs. If you're planning on buying crabs, either live or steamed, prices vary widely depending on location.

For many people on Delmarva, a favorite way to spend the Memorial Day holiday weekend is by enjoying blue crabs. If you're planning on buying crabs - either live or steamed - prices vary widely depending on location.