UPDATED: Cambridge Garage Fire Ruled Accidental - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

UPDATED: Cambridge Garage Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

CAMBRIDGE, Md.- Authorities have ruled as accidental a Monday night fire that damaged a garage in Cambridge.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, an occupant discovered the fire just before midnight in the 20-by-20 foot wood frame structure at 720 Peach Blossom Ave. 

Twenty firefighters from the Rescue, New Market and Trappe fire departments got the fire under control within 30 minutes, the state fire marshal said. There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $5,000 worth of damage to the garage and destroyed $5,000 worth of contents.

According to investigators, the fire started in a furnace used for heating the garage. 

The Cambridge Police Department assisted in the investigation.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices