Update: Clothes Dryer May Be to Blame For Princess Anne House Fi - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Update: Clothes Dryer May Be to Blame For Princess Anne House Fire

Posted: Updated:
PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says a clothes dryer may be to blame for an early-morning fire in Princess Anne.

Firefighters with the Princess Anne Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call at a single-family home on Stewart Neck Road in Princess Anne at 4:59 Thursday morning. 

Forty firefighters from Princess Anne, Crisfield, Mt. Vernon, Fairmount, Deal Island, and Marion Station Fire Departments responded. 

The Fire Marshal's Office estimates $180,000 in damage to the structure and $20,000 in damage to the contents. 

The Fire Marshal's Office says the house was equipped with smoke detectors but it is unclear if they were working at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the homeowner. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices