Fire Official: 1 Injured in Dover Cooking Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Official: 1 Injured in Dover Cooking Fire

Posted: Updated:
DOVER, Del. - The Delaware State Fire Marshal says a cooking fire that left one person injured, was accidental.

It happened shortly before 3 p.m. Friday in the unit block of State Circle in Capitol Park, according to police. The Dover Fire Department responded to the call and extinguished a fire in the kitchen inside the home, police said.

A 50-year-old woman was taken to Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital with burns to her left shoulder and left foot, according to police. They say she was in good condition Friday night.

State fire investigators were called to the scene and completed their investigation. They say they found that the fire originated on the stove top when cooking oil ignited after being left unsupervised. Fire officials said the smoke alarms in the home alerted the occupants to the fire and everyone got out safely. 

Fire damage was estimated at $5,000.
Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices