Cigarette Causes Early Morning House Fire in Denton - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Cigarette Causes Early Morning House Fire in Denton

Posted:

 DENTON, Md. - The Maryland State Fire Marshal is investigating an accidental house fire in Caroline County that left one injured.

 A two-story wood frame apartment house on Market Street in Denton caught ablaze around 1:14am Thursday morning. Lesley Stull and her son were inside. She endured minor burns to the hand and foot.

Investigators say the fire started as a result of the improper disposal of a cigarette.

 Stull was treated and released at the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton with non-life threatening injuries.

The estimated damage is $50,000 structurally and $25,000 of contents.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices