Man Burned in Salisbury House Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Man Burned in Salisbury House Fire

Posted:

SALISBURY, Md.– A 23-year-old man is recovering from burns he sustained in an accidental house fire that occurred Monday night in Salisbury.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, the fire started on a rear, second floor porch of a two-story home on Elizabeth Street as a result of an occupant using gasoline cleaning automotive parts.

Fire officials from three Salisbury stations and the Delmar Fire Department responded at around 11 p.m. and had the fire under control in about 50 minutes.

A 23-year-old occupant was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening burn injuries.

Fire officials say total damage to the home is estimated at $25,000.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices