State Fire Marshal Warns Residents of Carbon Monoxide Danger - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

State Fire Marshal Warns Residents of Carbon Monoxide Danger

Posted:
BALTIMORE (AP) - Maryland's state fire marshal is warning residents of the dangers of carbon monoxide after the deaths of a man and his seven children from the gas in their Princess Anne home.

State Fire Marshal Brian S. Geraci said in a news release Tuesday residents should never run a generator inside or near an entrance to their homes.

Rodney Todd and his children were found dead in their home Monday. Police said they were killed by CO fumes from a generator.

Geraci urged residents to install carbon monoxide detectors if their homes have liquid-fueled space heaters, an attached garage, gas appliances, oil heat, electric generators, wood stoves and fireplaces.

He said carbon monoxide poisoning can cause headache, nausea, fatigue and dizziness. High concentrations can cause vomiting, loss of consciousness and death. 
Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2019 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices