Fire Officials: Towel too Close to Lamp Caused Fatal Blaze - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Officials: Towel too Close to Lamp Caused Fatal Blaze

Posted: Updated:

BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (AP) - Anne Arundel County fire officials say a towel left too close to a hot lamp likely caused a blaze that killed three people at a Brooklyn Park home in February.

The finding confirms early reports that the fire was caused by a lamp in a bedroom at the United Brethren in Christ Church's parsonage.

Associate Pastor Michael Busker says a copy of the fire marshal's report provided to the church found the towel was placed over a lamp and ignited.

Rev. Samuel Sinnah escaped with his wife, 39-year-old Lettitia, and their 20-year-old son, Joseph. But Lettitia Sinnah ran back inside to try to save their 17-year-old son, Sundima. Neighbor Christopher Rickman, ran in after her.

Fire officials say Lettitia and Sundima Sinnah and Rickman died. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices