DENTON, Md. -- A candlelight vigil was held Saturday afternoon in Denton for a father and seven of his children who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
As Chambers grieves her loss, people from the neighborhood and beyond are doing what they can to comfort the family.
That's why family member Theresa Downes organized the vigil and called for blue and pink flowers, balloons and candles to remember Todd and his children.
"The decorations was a symbol of the kids and the father," said Downes. "The pink and white balloons was for the kids and the blue was for the father. The balloons was a symbol of going to heaven."
Some family members who've grown up in Denton like Jakeem Meekins, say they are surprised at how the community is supporting Tyisha's family.
"I didn't think that this community could come together like that," said Meekins. "It's not like that all the time. I can't do nothing but just thank them. That's all I can do is just thank them."
Tylicia Bolden is a close family friend.
"This has changed lives forever," said Bolden. "I don't think anybody'll ever be the same and I think this has made people realize that life is really short and its precious and it's all about unity."
And unity, even through tragedy, is what Downes says this neighborhood is showing.
"I would like to say to the Todd family in Cambridge, Maryland: our prayers are with you and may God bless you and get you through too."
The funeral for Todd and the children will be held April 18 at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore in Princess Anne.