2 Hurt In House Fire Started By Discarded Cigarette - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

2 Hurt In House Fire Started By Discarded Cigarette

Posted: Updated:

NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - Fire officials say two people were taken to a hospital after a house fire in New Castle.

The State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze broke out about 9:30 p.m. Monday on Hillview Avenue.

Authorities say a 94-year-old woman and a 70-year-old man were taken to a local hospital.

The Fire Marshal says a discarded cigarette ignited a couch on the front porch of the home and that the smoke detectors in the house did not have batteries.

Damage was estimated at $5,000.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices