Suspect Charged in Dover Shooting - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Suspect Charged in Dover Shooting

Posted:
Marquis Boyer-Smith Marquis Boyer-Smith
DOVER, Del.- Dover police have arrested a suspect in connection with a Tuesday afternoon shooting that put a 27-year-old man in the hospital. 

Marquis Boyer-Smith, 20, of the 400 block of New Castle Avenue in Dover, is charged with first-degree assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and first-degree reckless endangering.

Police said the shooting occurred shortly after 3 p.m. Tuesday on the 100 block of South Queen Street. According to investigators, the victim was shot three times. He was taken to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital for treatment. There is no word yet about his condition. 

Authorities said downtown surveillance cameras, operated by Dover Police Department emergency communication operators, captured Boyer-Smith fleeing the shooting. Police said the cameras were able to provide officers with a description and location of Boyer-Smith.

Following his arrest on the aforementioned charges, Boyer-Smith was committed to James T. Vaughn Correction Center in default of $84,000 cash bond.


  • Delmarvawide NewsDelmarvawide NewsMore>>

  • Woman Files Federal Lawsuit Over Punkin Chunkin Accident

    Woman Files Federal Lawsuit Over Punkin Chunkin Accident

    08/17/2017 07:44:00 -04:002017-08-17 11:44:00 GMT
    Thursday, August 17 2017 12:33 PM EDT2017-08-17 16:33:35 GMT
    A woman who was critically injured when an air cannon exploded during last year's Punkin Chunkin event in Bridgeville, DE has filed a federal lawsuit against event organizers and participants, state officials and Discovery Communications.More
    A woman who was critically injured when an air cannon exploded during last year's Punkin Chunkin event in Bridgeville, Del. has filed a federal lawsuit against event organizers and participants, state officials and Discovery Communications.More
  • NAACP Branch Seeks Removal of Delaware Confederate Monument

    NAACP Branch Seeks Removal of Delaware Confederate Monument

    08/17/2017 09:41:00 -04:002017-08-17 13:41:00 GMT
    Thursday, August 17 2017 11:22 AM EDT2017-08-17 15:22:12 GMT
    The Confederate monument on the grounds of the Georgetown Historical Society. (Photo: WBOC)The Confederate monument on the grounds of the Georgetown Historical Society. (Photo: WBOC)
    The Lowers Sussex County NAACP wants officials to cut off state funding for the Georgetown Historical Society to force the removal of a Confederate monument on its grounds.More
    The Lowers Sussex County NAACP wants officials to cut off state funding for the Georgetown Historical Society to force the removal of a Confederate monument on its grounds.More
  • Kent County Judge Rejects Appeal From 4-time DUI Offender

    Kent County Judge Rejects Appeal From 4-time DUI Offender

    Thursday, August 17 2017 9:03 AM EDT2017-08-17 13:03:43 GMT
    Thursday, August 17 2017 9:03 AM EDT2017-08-17 13:03:43 GMT
    A Kent County, Delaware judge has refused to declare a mistrial or grant a new trial to a man recently convicted of his fourth drunken-driving offense.More
    A Kent County, Delaware judge has refused to declare a mistrial or grant a new trial to a man recently convicted of his fourth drunken-driving offense.More
Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices