House Fire in Felton Ruled Accidental; 1 Person Injured - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

House Fire in Felton Ruled Accidental; 1 Person Injured

Posted: Updated:

FELTON, Del. (AP) - Fire investigators have determined a fire that destroyed a home in Felton was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office said Friday that the fire started on a bed and was ignited by a clothes iron that was mistakenly left on. The fire spread through the trailer home and caused heavy damage.

Firefighters were called to the scene on Plymouth Road about 9:30 a.m. Friday. The only occupant of the home escaped and was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and a burn.

The fire damage is estimated at $20,000. Investigators say there were no smoke alarms in the home at the time.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices