Officials: Salisbury House Fire Ruled Accidental - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Officials: Salisbury House Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

SALISBURY, Md.– Maryland officials say a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Salisbury home Saturday night began when a power crawl vent fan malfunctioned.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, the owner of the two-story, single family home at 3752 Devonshire Drive was alerted to the fire around 10:45 p.m. when an automatic fire alarm went off.

Crews from Salisbury Station 1, Fruitland and Allen had the fire under control in about 20 minutes. Fire officials say it started in a crawl space in the home and caused an estimated $6,000 in damage.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices