Different types of cardiac medications:
1. Regulate Heart Rhythm
Examples: Amiodarone, Cardizem
2. Decrease Symptoms of Angina (Chest pain)
3. Help Prevent Blood Clots From Forming
Example: Plavix, ASA, Coumadin
4. Control Blood Pressure
Example: Toprol, Atenolol, Lisinopril
5. Control Blood Lipid Levels
Examples: Lopid, Lipitor, Crestor
1. Understand what your medications are used for.
2. Remember how much to take and when to take it.
3. Know the common side effects of your medication and to tell your doctor if you have some of these side effects.
WAYS TO HELP YOU TO REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR MEDICINE:
1. Buy a "Medicine Organizer".
2. Place reminders to take your medications in the bathroom and kitchen.
3. Get a watch that beeps when you are suppose to take your medications.
4. Keep pills in a place that you can see.
5. When you travel remember to bring your medications with you. Also take extra prescriptions from your doctor in case you run out or lose them.
6. Make a note on your calendar to refill your prescriptions before they run out!