Update: Suspect in Milford Homicide Arrested - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Update: Suspect in Milford Homicide Arrested

Posted: Updated:
John Harmon is shown in this photo provided to WBOC by his family members. John Harmon is shown in this photo provided to WBOC by his family members.
Abdul White, 30 Abdul White, 30
WANTED: Ashley Gonzalez, 25 WANTED: Ashley Gonzalez, 25

 MILFORD, Del.- A Philadelphia man wanted for the murder of a Milford man has been located and arrested. 

According to The Milford Police Department, Abdul T. White, 30, was located and arrested Wednesday morning in Philadelphia. White is now awaiting extradition. 

On Sept. 10, the Milford Police Criminal Division obtained arrest warrants for White. White was wanted for Murder 1st Degree, Home Invasion and other charges related to the homicide of John G. Harmon, 40, of Milford on Aug. 8 

Police are still searching for White's girlfriend, Ashley Gonzalez, 25, of Dover. Gonzalez is wanting for questioning. Gonzalez is described as a hispanic female, 5'0" and 115 lbs. She is considered armed and dangerous, according to police. 

Anyone with information about Gonzalez's whereabouts should contact Detective Dwight Young or Lt. Kenneth Brown of the Milford Police Department at (302) 422-8081 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or tipsubmit.com or submit tips thru MyPD app.

WBOC interviewed Harmon's family members Monday, Aug. 10. 

"It hurts so bad." 

Those were the words from Nakeisha Coston, speaking about the murder of 40-year old John Harmon of Milford. Harmon is the father of Coston's children, and a "close friend." 

"It hurts," she continued. "And I can say I loved him with all my heart."

Coston was joined Monday by various family members, outside of a home on the 500 block of N. Walnut St. It was at this location that police said a home invasion between 6 and 7 a.m Saturday, Aug. 8, led to Harmon's death. 

According to police, Harmon was shot during the home invasion and later transported to Milford Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. 

Harmon had six children, including Sh'Kise Spencer of Milford, who said the family is heartbroken. 

"I'm just hurt," he said. "Because he was like a best friend for me. He would do anything for me."

Spencer didn't want to speak in detail about the incident, but said that his father was pistol-whipped and shot, while children were also in the home. 

"Some of the family members actually are scared for their life," he said. "So this kind of got the family shaken up." 

Family members said that this was not the first shooting incident, including Harmon. Spencer said that a shooting during a separate home invasion two years ago, left his father paralyzed. 

Harmon's nephew Shawnee Collick told WBOC that he too was essentially raised by the deceased. Collick was also inside of the home, when the incident took place. 

"I woke up to it," he said. "So I'm more than shocked. I see it every time I blink."

Coston said that she has a message for those responsible. 

"Whoever did this," she said. "Justice will be served. Justice will be served. That's my prayer."

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2019 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices