Fire at Hotel in O.C. Ruled Accidental - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire at Hotel in O.C. Ruled Accidental

Posted:

OCEAN CITY, Md.– Officials say an early Monday morning fire at hotel in Ocean City was quickly extinguished due to the quick actions of first responders. 

Ocean City fire and police personnel responded to the Atlantic Hotel, located at 400 S. Atlantic Avenue, just after 4 a.m., for a report of smoke coming from the building. 

Upon arrival, members of the Ocean City Fire Department observed a significant amount of smoke coming from the ground floor. Officials said that immediately, first responders and hotel employees evacuated guests from the building as crews worked to control the fire. 

Officials said fire department units quickly extinguished a fire in the hotel laundry room, and remained on the scene until approximately 7:15 a.m.  The on-scene investigation revealed that the fire originated in the hotel’s ground floor laundry room.  The fire is classified as accidental, caused by self-heating of cotton linens.a

Officials said approximately 80 rental units were evacuated during the incident, however; guests were allowed to enter the building once fire crews left the scene.  No injuries were reported and there was minimal damage to the building, officials said. 

Although Baltimore Avenue was closed for approximately one hour, minimal traffic was affected.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices