Unofficial Salisbury Election Results - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Unofficial Salisbury Election Results

Posted:

SALISBURY, Md.- With only 3 precincts left to report, the unofficial election results are in for the City of Salisbury.

According to the unofficial results, Jake Day, who was uncontested, has been elected mayor of Salisbury, securing 96.5 percent of the votes. The remaining 3.5 percent of votes went to write-in candidates.

For District 1, April Jackson beat incumbent Shanie Shields, securing 48.72 percent of the votes, 133-112 votes. Shields got 41 percent of the votes, while Sarah Halcott garnered 9.9 percent of the votes.

For District 2, Muir Boda won with 58.4 percent of the vote, securing 80 votes. Marvin Ames received 21.9 percent of the votes, Keyvan Aarabi secured 16.9 percent of the votes, and Justin Gregoli received 2.9 percent.

For District 3, incumbent Jack Heath won with 54.8 percent of the vote, securing 267 votes. Tim Spies came in second with 29.7 percent of the votes, securing 145 votes. Kevin Lindsay got 75 votes.

In District 4, outgoing Mayor Jim Ireton won with 56.9 percent, 207 votes to 154 votes for Roger Mazzullo.

And in District 5, incumbent Laura Mitchell won uncontested securing 147 votes, with about 5.8 percent of the votes going to write-ins.

Just a few moments after Ireton announced his victory in downtown Salisbury, he spoke with WBOC about his future and future of the city council.  Ireton said it was important to continue to focus on the development of downtown Salisbury, bringing more jobs to the city, and continuing to lower the crime rate.  But Ireton also said he may be in another election in the near future.

"It's incredible to have won four elections in the last 16 years," Ireton said. "I have traveled all across Maryland telling everyone about the good things that happen in Salisbury. So at this point, we are going to be taking a look at the 1st District congressional race to find out whether there is an opportunity there."

Ireton said he would make a definitive decision on whether to enter that race in the near future.

To view the election summary report, go here

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices