Fire Damages Florist's Storage Shed in Chestertown - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Damages Florist's Storage Shed in Chestertown

Posted: Updated:
Smoke coming from the building (Photo: Ken Young Photography) Smoke coming from the building (Photo: Ken Young Photography)
Firefighters working to put out the flames. (Photo: Ken Young Photography Firefighters working to put out the flames. (Photo: Ken Young Photography

CHESTERTOWN, Md.- Several fire companies responded after a fire broke out at a florist shop in Chestertown.

According to the Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company, the fire broke out just before noon Wednesday in a storage shed at Elburn's Florist on Church Hill Road.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire was electrical, and caused by a generator malfunction.

They say it caused about $40,000 in damage, and took more than 40 firefighters about an hour to control.

The Chestertown VFC says hazmat crews were also called to the scene because of possible hazardous materials, but there weren't any in the shed. The power company was also called to cut electrical service to building. 

A firefighter suffered a sprained ankle during the incident,  but no other injuries were reported.

According to the report from the Fire Marshal's Officer, Chestertown, Kennedyville, Crumpton, Church Hill, Sudlersville, Queenstown, Centreville VFD and Queen Anne's County EMS all responded to this fire in Queen Anne's County.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices