EASTON, Md.- Easton police have announced that the town is under Snow Emergency Phase I, which means cars and trucks traveling on town streets are required to be equipped with chains or tires permitted by the state for use during snow emergencies.
According to town officials, once snow accumulation reaches 2-inches, Snow Emergency Phase II will automatically go into effect. This means that in addition to the Phase I requirements, no parking is permitted on the streets at metered spaces, where prohibited by signage, or locations designated as a “Snow Emergency Route." Those in violation of these restrictions will be fined and their vehicle towed, officials said.
The Snow Emergency Routes are:
- Washington St: North Easton Parkway to Lee Terrace
- Dover St: Higgins St to Municipal Lot beyond the District Court Building (West side)
- West St: Bay St to Glenwood Ave
- Federal St: Washington St to West St
- Harrison St: Goldsborough St to South Lane
- Goldsborough St: Washington St to Aurora St
- Idlewild Ave: Aurora St to Washington St
- Glenwood Ave: North side of street only from Washington St to Easton Parkway
- Aurora St: Creamery Ln. to North St (West side)
Officials said that even if you do not reside along a Snow Emergency Route, motorists should remove parked cars from the roadway to allow road crews to perform road treatment operations.