Princess Anne Proposes Mandatory Carbon Monoxide Detectors - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Princess Anne Proposes Mandatory Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Posted: Updated:
The body of 44-year-old Margaret Linnel Kersey was found last Thursday evening inside an apartment in the Brockett Square Apartments, pictured above. (Photo: WBOC) The body of 44-year-old Margaret Linnel Kersey was found last Thursday evening inside an apartment in the Brockett Square Apartments, pictured above. (Photo: WBOC)

PRINCESS ANNE, Md.- The Princess Anne Town Commissioners are seeking to make carbon monoxide detectors mandatory in apartments and homes as a safety measure after last week's death of a woman may have been linked to CO2 poisoning. 

The death of 44-year-old Margret Linnel Kersey, whose body was found Thursday night in an apartment in the Brockett Square Apartments,  is still being investigated, but Maryland State Police suspect it may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning. Town officials are not taking her death lightly as it adds to eight deaths that occurred last year in the town due to carbon monoxide poisoning. 

"One of our commissioners is very adamant about doing some type of legislation to require carbon monoxide detectors to be in our residential homes and apartments," said Garland Hayward, president of the Princess Anne Town Commissioners.

Hayward said the commissioners plan to further discuss the proposed mandatory ordinance with the public at the Town Hall meeting on March 1. Hayward said the discussions are very preliminary at this point as they are in the fact finding and discussion phase of the proposal. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices