Salisbury House Fire Ruled Accidental - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Salisbury House Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

SALISBURY, Md.- An electrical outlet failure is being blamed for a Thursday afternoon fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Salisbury home.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze broke out shortly after 3 p.m. at a single story home located at 1009 Phillips Ave. and was discovered by occupant Michael Reid. 

It took 15 firefighters from Salisbury Fire Department Station 16 approximately 20 minutes to get the fire under control. 

The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage to the structure and another $5,000 in damage to its contents. There were no reported injuries. 

Investigators ruled the fire accidental and said it was due to an electrical outlet failure in the rear wall assembly. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices