Fire Officials: Child Playing With Lighter Causes Salisbury Hous - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Officials: Child Playing With Lighter Causes Salisbury House Fire

Posted: Updated:
Photo: MGN Photo: MGN

SALISBURY, Md. - A child playing with a lighter is what caused a Salisbury house fire Sunday morning, fire officials say.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, the fire at 319 Delaware Avenue was discovered by the occupants just after 10 a.m.

Salisbury Station 16 responded and had it under control in about 10 minutes, but not before the fire caused about $8,000 in damages, fire officials said.

According to the state fire marshal's office, a child in the upstairs bedroom accidentally set a mattress and clothing on fire. The home is uninhabitable and the family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices