Man Injured in Greensboro House Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Man Injured in Greensboro House Fire

Posted: Updated:

GREENSBORO, Md.- Authorities say a 27-year-old man had to be rushed to the hospital for smoke inhalation and minor burns he suffered following a late Wednesday morning house fire in Greensboro. 

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred just before noon at a single story home located at 25393 Depue Landing Way. Investigators said it took 21 firefighters from the Greensboro Volunteer Fire Department approximately half an hour to get the fire under control. 

The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage to the structure and another $1,000 in damage to its contents. Investigators, who identified the homeowner as Daniel St. Aubin, said the man's 27-year-old son sustained smoke inhalation and minor burns to his hands.  He was transported by Maryland State Police Aviation to Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore for treatment of what investigators described as non-life-threatening injuries.

Deputy state fire marshals ruled the fire accidental and said it started due to an unknown failure within a television in the home's living room.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices