Delaware Voters Flock to the Polls in Primary - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delaware Voters Flock to the Polls in Primary

The Georgetown Elementary School was one of 73 polls open in Sussex County (Source: WBOC) The Georgetown Elementary School was one of 73 polls open in Sussex County (Source: WBOC)

DELAWARE - Across the Delmarva Peninsula, voters flocked to the polls in both Delaware and Maryland, in order to cast their vote for president. With 156 delegates on the line in Maryland and 47 available in Delaware, voters wanted to make their opinions heard.

That included Arlene Soukey who cast her vote for HIllary Clinton at the Milton Elementary School.

"Because I think she's the best person to do the job," she said. "I don't like Bernie Sanders. I don't think he would do a good job. And I definitely don't like any of the Republicans."

Meanwhile Scottie Johnson, who was with his son, said his vote is going for Sanders.

"I think this presidential election," he said. "More than ever - it's not so much about me anymore. But these guys... We need a change."

WBOC also spoke with a great deal of Republican voters at the Georgetown Elementary School. That included John Wright from Lewes.

"I voted for the Trump-train," he said. "I'm a Trump guy. I'm big on being a tough country."

As for Jake Buchler, of Roxana, he said Cruz was the best option.

"I voted for Ted Cruz," he said. "And honestly he is the best of a bad situation. So I voted for him because I didn't want to vote for the other candidates."

A similar sentiment, shared by Bob Howard of Milton. He voted for John Kasich.

"He's the only moderate Republican in the field," he said.

The polls close at 8:00 p.m. in Delaware. For more information, you can visit the Department of Elections website here

For election results, click here

Rehoboth Beach Police Looking for Theft Suspects

Jul 22, 2018 3:42 PM2018-07-22 19:42:00 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 3:42 PM EDT2018-07-22 19:42:12 GMT
    The Rehoboth Beach Police Department is asking for the pubic's help in identifying two people involved with stealing from an arcade.More

Millsboro Man Facing Weapons, Drug Charges After Traffic Stop

Jul 22, 2018 3:29 PM2018-07-22 19:29:00 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 3:29 PM EDT2018-07-22 19:29:57 GMT
    Ricky D. Waters, 29, of MillsboroRicky D. Waters, 29, of Millsboro
    Ricky D. Waters, 29, of MillsboroRicky D. Waters, 29, of Millsboro
    Delaware State Police said they arrested a Millsboro man on weapons and drug charges after they pulled his car over.More

Ice Cream Parlor For Dogs Opens in Rehoboth

Jul 22, 2018 10:17 AM2018-07-22 14:17:00 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 10:21 AM EDT2018-07-22 14:21:04 GMT
    Downtown Rehoboth Beach (Photo: WBOC)Downtown Rehoboth Beach (Photo: WBOC)
    Downtown Rehoboth Beach (Photo: WBOC)Downtown Rehoboth Beach (Photo: WBOC)
    In Rehoboth Beach, dogs may not be physically screaming for ice cream, but they are enjoying a new summertime treat--a treat that's now made specifically for their enjoyment.More
    In Rehoboth Beach, dogs may not be physically screaming for ice cream, but they are enjoying a new summertime treat--a treat that's now made specifically for their enjoyment. More