Delaware Voters Flock to the Polls in Primary - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delaware Voters Flock to the Polls in Primary

The Georgetown Elementary School was one of 73 polls open in Sussex County (Source: WBOC) The Georgetown Elementary School was one of 73 polls open in Sussex County (Source: WBOC)

DELAWARE - Across the Delmarva Peninsula, voters flocked to the polls in both Delaware and Maryland, in order to cast their vote for president. With 156 delegates on the line in Maryland and 47 available in Delaware, voters wanted to make their opinions heard.

That included Arlene Soukey who cast her vote for HIllary Clinton at the Milton Elementary School.

"Because I think she's the best person to do the job," she said. "I don't like Bernie Sanders. I don't think he would do a good job. And I definitely don't like any of the Republicans."

Meanwhile Scottie Johnson, who was with his son, said his vote is going for Sanders.

"I think this presidential election," he said. "More than ever - it's not so much about me anymore. But these guys... We need a change."

WBOC also spoke with a great deal of Republican voters at the Georgetown Elementary School. That included John Wright from Lewes.

"I voted for the Trump-train," he said. "I'm a Trump guy. I'm big on being a tough country."

As for Jake Buchler, of Roxana, he said Cruz was the best option.

"I voted for Ted Cruz," he said. "And honestly he is the best of a bad situation. So I voted for him because I didn't want to vote for the other candidates."

A similar sentiment, shared by Bob Howard of Milton. He voted for John Kasich.

"He's the only moderate Republican in the field," he said.

The polls close at 8:00 p.m. in Delaware. For more information, you can visit the Department of Elections website here

For election results, click here

Ocean City Prepares For "College Beach Weekend"

Thursday, July 20 2017 9:15 PM EDT2017-07-21 01:15:39 GMT
    Thursday, July 20 2017 9:15 PM EDT2017-07-21 01:15:39 GMT
    Ocean City Prepares For "College Beach Weekend"Ocean City Prepares For "College Beach Weekend"
    The town of Ocean City prepares for "College Beach Weekend". The three day event starts today and according to the events organizer, the town is expected to see an influx of about 40,000 college students.More
  • UPDATED: Lewes Man Arrested for Kidnapping and Assault

Lewes Man Wanted for Alleged Assault, Kidnapping

07/19/2017 17:17:00 -04:002017-07-19 21:17:00 GMT
    Friday, July 21 2017 12:05 AM EDT2017-07-21 04:05:03 GMT
    Delaware State Police are searching for Michael H. Debarr of Lewes.Delaware State Police are searching for Michael H. Debarr of Lewes.
    UPDATED: Delaware State Police found and arrested the Lewes man wanted for kidnapping and assault from earlier this week on Thursday.More

People of Cambridge Remember H. Rap Brown

Thursday, July 20 2017 6:39 PM EDT2017-07-20 22:39:06 GMT
    Thursday, July 20 2017 6:39 PM EDT2017-07-20 22:39:06 GMT
    "The streets are yours. Take 'em." Those were the words that came from H. Rap Brown - a 1960s civil rights activist.More