Man Injured in Parsonsburg Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Man Injured in Parsonsburg Fire

Posted: Updated:

PARSONSBURG, Md.- Authorities say a man suffered minor burns while trying to put out a fire on his property south of Parsonsburg. 

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire happened Monday at a 41-foot by 48-foot wood-framed outbuilding located at 32846 Johnson Road. It took 40 firefighters from the Paronsburg Vol. Fire Co. approximately 25 minutes to get the blaze under control. 

The fire caused an estimated $60,000 in damage to the structure and another $15,000 to its contents. 

Investigators said the owner, John Ennis, was treated for burns on the scene by Parsonsburg EMS. 

The fire was ruled accidental and caused by a wood stove inside the outbuilding, according to investigators. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices