Scher's Bridal Shop Suffers Small Fire Saturday Morning - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Scher's Bridal Shop Suffers Small Fire Saturday Morning

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: Pocomoke Volunteer Fire Company) (Photo: Pocomoke Volunteer Fire Company)

POCOMOKE, Md.-  A longstanding family business in Pocomoke suffered a small fire Saturday morning.

The business in question is Scher's Bridal Shop right on Market Street in the heart of town.  The Pocomoke Volunteer Fire Company says the fire was in a second floor room containing a steam press.  There was some smoke damage to the first and second floor of the building, the fire itself was out in 30 minutes.

Scher's Bridal Shop posted on their Facebook page that fire fire was caused by a short in a steam iron.  They say all dresses for the next few weeks and upcoming weddings will be taken care of.  They thanked the people of Pocomoke for their support and the fire company for ensuring a small problem did not become a big one in Worcester County.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices