Pittsville Fire Possibly Caused by Faulty Air Conditioning Unit - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Pittsville Fire Possibly Caused by Faulty Air Conditioning Unit

Posted: Updated:

PITTSVILLE, Md. - The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating a fire at a Pittsville home that investigators believe was caused by a malfunctioning air conditioning unit.

According to the Fire Marshal's Office, the Pittsville Fire Department responded to the home on the 35000 block of Poplar Neck Road at 10:30 p.m. Sunday night. It took firefighters about an hour to control the fire. The home had an operating smoke alarm, investigators said.

Damage to the home is estimated to be about $100,000 to the structure and $20,000 to the contents, the Fire Marshal's Office said. The Red Cross is assisting the homeowner and occupants, who were displaced because of the fire.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices