Sprinklers Activated at Salisbury University Dining Hall for Fir - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Sprinklers Activated at Salisbury University Dining Hall for Fire

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

SALISBURY, Md. - A fire at the Salisbury University dining hall Wednesday evening began when recently washed cleaning clothes caught fire, state fire officials said Thursday.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, the fire started just before 7 p.m. at Salisbury University Commons on Camden Avenue. Deputy fire marshals said fire alarms and sprinklers were activated when cleaning cloths inside a plastic trash bag in the food service area spontaneously combusted. Damage to the contents of the bag is estimated to cost about $5,000.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices