Unattended Barbecue Grill Blamed for Salisbury House Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Unattended Barbecue Grill Blamed for Salisbury House Fire

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

SALISBURY, Md.- Authorities say an early Wednesday morning barbecue led to a fire that ruined a home in Salisbury.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the two-alarm blaze broke out shortly before 2 a.m. on the rear deck of a three-story home located at 901 E. Church St.

It took 50 firefighters from the Salisbury Fire Department approximately an hour to get the fire under control. 

The fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to the structure and another $25,000 in damage to its contents. There were no reported injuries. 

Investigators ruled the fire accidental, and said it was caused by unattended cooking while using a propane barbecue grill. 

The Red Cross is assisting the home's owner and occupant, Daniel Murphy. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices