Cause Determined in Salisbury Fire That Killed Four-Year-Old - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Cause Determined in Salisbury Fire That Killed Four-Year-Old

Posted: Updated:
Aarionah Moore Aarionah Moore

SALISBURY, Md. - Fire marshals have determined the cause of a house fire that killed a four-year-old girl earlier this month.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, the investigation showed that while the victim, Aarionah Moore, was inside the home's rear utility room on Sept. 10, vapors from stored flammable liquids were ignited by the pilot light of a natural gas residential water heater stored inside that room.

Fire marshals said that because of the explosion that occurred, the storage room door became jammed and family members could not open it right away. The fire was ruled accidental.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices