Faulty Extension Cord Blamed for Smyrna House Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Faulty Extension Cord Blamed for Smyrna House Fire

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: CBS) (Photo: CBS)

SMYRNA, Del.- Authorities say an electrical failure in an extension cord is to blame for a Monday fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Smyrna home. 

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office said the blaze was reported just after noon time in the 5600 block of Dupont Parkway.  The Citizens Hose Co. of Smyrna responded to the call and arrived with fire and smoke coming from the second floor of the home.  Assistance was requested from the Clayton and Townsend fire companies, as well as Kent County EMS.  The blaze was placed under control shortly before 1 p.m.  

Deputy State Fire Marshals responded to conduct the investigation and determined the fire originated in a second floor bedroom. The fire was ruled accidental.
  
No injuries were reported and damages are estimated at $10,000.  The Red Cross of Delmarva is assisting the home’s occupants.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices