Two Arrested in Smyrna Meth Lab Bust - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Two Arrested in Smyrna Meth Lab Bust

Posted: Updated:
Reese D. Heesh, 40, of Dover, and Robert L. Lambdin, 51, of Smyrna Reese D. Heesh, 40, of Dover, and Robert L. Lambdin, 51, of Smyrna

SMYRNA, Del.- The Delaware State Police Kent County Governor's Task Force has arrested two people accused of operating an illegal methamphetamine lab out of a Smyrna home. 

Police said that at around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, members of the GTF, along with probation and parole officers, responded to a home on Hedgerow Hollow Road in the Hedgerow Hollow development to make contact with Reese D. Heesh, 40, of Dover, and Robert L. Lambdin, 51, of Smyrna, both of whom were wanted for violation of probation. 

Both Heesh and Lambdin were located inside the home and taken into custody without incident. Police said an administrative search was approved and upon conducting a search of the property, detectives located equipment and component mixtures of the manufacturing stages of meth, along with key ingredients in making the drug, as well as an active "one-pot" bottle. 

Heesh was found to be in possession of .015 grams of heroin and .03 grams of cocaine, while Lambdin was found to have three dosage units of methylphenidale hydrochloride and five dosage units of Dronabinol without holding a prescription for either, investigators said. 

Heesh and Lambdin were transported to Troop 3 in Camden where they were each charged with operating a clandestine laboratory, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance (methamphetamine), second-degree conspiracy, and possession of drug paraphernalia.  Heesh was additionally charged with possession of cocaine and possession of heroin, while Lambdin was additionally charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.  Heesh and Lambdin were ordered held in the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on $33,500 secured and  $17,500 secured bonds respectively.

Evacuations were ordered to nearby neighbors as it was determined that there was an immediate hazard, police said. Those evacuations were in place for approximately two hours while the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control responded to the home to assist with the containment and disposal of the combustible substances, according to police.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices