Somerset Co. House Fire Ruled Accidental, Electrical - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Somerset Co. House Fire Ruled Accidental, Electrical

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

MARION, Md. - Less than a week before Christmas, the occupants of a Somerset County home are displaced following an electrical fire.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, someone going past 5091 Wayman Road in Marion noticed the fire Monday just before 6:30 p.m.

The Marion Fire Department had it under control within half an hour, but by then the fire had caused about $70,000 in damage to the two-story house, state fire marshals said.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical problem in a second-floor, rear bedroom, according to the state fire marshals' office.

Family members and the Red Cross are helping provide shelter to the people displaced by the fire. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices