Md. Officials: Woman Burned After Computer Battery Explodes - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Md. Officials: Woman Burned After Computer Battery Explodes

Posted: Updated:

CENTREVILLE, Md. (AP)- Fire officials say a women suffered superficial burns after a computer battery exploded and caught fire at an office building in Queen Anne's County.
    
The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal said in a notice of investigation that a 58-year-old women suffered superficial burns to her face and upper body after a lithium battery in a computer exploded and caught fire Wednesday. Officials say the fire occurred at the Bridges Behavioral Health & Wellness in Centerville.
    
The woman was airlifted to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center for treatment.
    
The fire was accidental and was extinguished by an employee before the fire department arrived.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices