Talbot County Man Burned in Accidental Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Talbot County Man Burned in Accidental Fire

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

WITTMAN, Md.-  Authorities say a Talbot County man is recovering after being burned in an accidental fire Wednesday.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said Earl D. Willey sustained first- and second-degree burns to his upper body resulting from an exploding dry chemical fire extinguisher hidden underneath an active burn pile.

Willey was burning leaves in the back of his home on Pot Pie Road in Wittman at the time of the incident, investigators said. 

Authorities said Willey's sister transported him to the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton for treatment, but he was later transferred to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices