Talbot County Business Severely Damaged by Fire

CRISFIELD, Md. – The Red Cross is assisting the residents of a one-story home in Crisfield after a fire ripped through Saturday afternoon.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, an electrical issue with entertainment equipment caused the accidental fire in the single family dwelling on Bill Gaylon Lane.

An occupant discovered the fire in one of the bedrooms and alerted authorities. Firefighters from the Crisfield, Marion and Princess Anne Fire Departments had the fire under control in about 20 minutes.

Fire officials say no smoke alarms were present in the home.

Damage is estimated at about $50,000, according to the state fire marshal.

Recommended for you