Officials: Witnesses Say Deadly Md. Fire Started Outside Homes

MILFORD, Del.- Fire authorities have ruled as accidental an apartment fire that occurred in Milford on Tuesday afternoon.

According to the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal, the Carlisle Fire Company responded to reports of a fire at an apartment in the 1000 block of South Walnut Street at the Mispillion Apartment complex. 

Smoke was pouring out of a second story apartment when crews arrived on scene around 3 p.m. Authorities said a 30-year-old woman was taken to Sussex Campus for smoke inhalation, but is said to be in good condition and is expected to be released from the hospital.

State fire marshals said the fire started when grease was left heating on the stove top without supervision. The grease caught fire and burned the kitchen. Fire authorities said damage is estimated at $2,500.

 

Recommended for you